Tuesday 24 April 2012

New Paintings April 2012


Jorgen Faxholm: Branches in Green Park, London
Oil on 35x55cm canvas
  I have long wanted to try something different, so here goes.
The branches in the wintery Green Park of London was inspired by a photo by my friend Adam.
While painting, my daughter Iryna said: "STOP. That's it. Can I have it as it is?"
Who can resist a compliment like that?

She was right. The Japanese impression of naked branches, overlaid on a background in Lemony/Ochre Yellow (and a little Titanium White), divided into a couple of minimalistic Rothko squares was enough.

Hmm - well, I shall try another composition, including some unique 'needle-flowers', omitted from this picture.
Let's see what it brings.
But I am happy with the colours!



Jorgen Faxholm: Reflections, Chiswick House Lake
Oil on 50x70cm canvas
 During a walk to Chiswick House Park I took a couple of photos of the ripples on the surface of the lake, just using my little Panasonic Lumix camera. Using PSP7 and changing the colours to B/W, while increasing the contrast, some rather unique swirls and patterns appeared.
The strange thing was, that you couldn't see them with the naked eye.
I turned this into a painting, as shown here.

This is definitely an avenue with which I want to experiment - next time using just B/W and perhaps one background colour (Sunshine yellow or red).

No comments: