Just imagine the following
You live in a country with its own laws, constitution and regulations, an independent country with its own elected parliament and a long democratic tradition.
One evening you go out celebrating your recent promotion with friends, get a little more than normally tipsy – and wake up late the next day.
As you wake up and turn on the TV news, you discover, that your government during the last 24 hours has agreed a new constitution, which totally changes – or even violates - the one you and your ancestors have been living with for 100s of years.
It happened during a meeting between 28 European heads of state, including yours, in Lisbon without the knowledge of the respective populations. And now it has been declared law with no chance of modification.
Alarmed you scan through some of the most important clauses of the 800 pages legal document, fortunately highlighted into a comprehensible overview for the ordinary person in the street and find this:
- As of today all laws and regulations in society – demographic, trade, legal or otherwise, will be signed in Lisbon and distributed for implementation without further ado in each member state.
- The new Constitution, aptly named the Lisbon Treaty, can NOT be changed by the member states. It is self amalgamating and eliminates all local constitutions.
- A new currency will replace the national currencies with immediate effect. It is called the LIBRA and printing of bills has already been started in secret several months ago.
- A new National Hymn has been composed. It will tie all previous national states together, It is called “From 1984 to 2016”.
- A new flag has been designed in the monochrome colour white, representing the mix of all previous flag colours: white. This is the well-known colour of a flag, when a party gives in to another party, thus representing agreement to the new order.
- The cost of all changes will be borne by the member states proportional to their present GDP. All additional and future costs will be covered by the membership fees, administrated by the new state, who will retain the sole right to design and issue tax demands.
- The new state will carry the name LUSITANIUM and its rights and obligations will take power immediately. All passports from previous national states are hereby declared null and void and will be replaced by new Lusitanium passports.
- All previously autonomous states and their constitutions are hereby eliminated. The required administrative replacement will be carried out by LOCAL COUNCILS in each ex-country. In The previously named UK this means 10 new legal administration areas.
- Lusitanium will be governed by appointed – not elected – representatives from the previous national states and consist of
o a PRAESIDIUM consisting of previous Prime Ministers
o An appointed COUNCIL whose responsibility it is to issue laws and regulations for Lusitanium, supported by 250 commissions and 1050 consulting groups
o An OFFICE OF REPRESENTATIVES from the previous states, whose sole responsibility it is to countersign, catalougue and distribute all new laws and regulations.
o LOCAL COUNCILS, with no legal say about implementation of these laws, but held responsible for their implementation.
- Lusitanium’s officers at all levels cannot be changed or sacked by the population.
- Lusitaniums officers will be remunerated commensurable with their responsibility, i.e. Salary= $150,00 p.a.; a daily expense budget of $350; a travel budget of $5000 per month or more for special purposes; $60,000 per annum to be used for admin support as seen necessary by the individual Councillor or Representative; other expenses as required. No receipts need be presented in order to minimise administration costs.
- Internal accounts and auditing will not be made public.
- Lusitanium officers at all levels will be immune to court prosecution during and after their tenure, unless every colleague signs a declaration to the opposite.
- A new Lusitania Court of Justice has been created. It has priority over all previously national courts and no appeal is possible.
- The fight against international criminality and terror will in future be carried out by a Common Lusitanium Police Force, CLPF. This force is superior to all local police forces and will be able to pick up any suspected citizen in Lusitanium according to the new Lusitanium Arrest Warrant, LAW, and extradite the suspected criminal to a local court in the area, where a crime has taken place.
- The suspect will be declared guilty till proven innocent and only one appeal is possible. The citizen does not need to be present at the sentence or the appeal and does not need to be further informed.
- All internal borders have hereby been eliminated and external Lusitanium borders softened, so as to provide support to a hungry world and be able to share Lusitanium’s riches.
- A Comrade Napoleon system will rule. A previous country, Portugal, will possess more power and decision ability than all other members due to its monopoly of producing the much coveted green Happiness Pill and the consequent rich status of the country. Its president, Angelina Ferkel, retains superior decision power above everyone else.
- National Defence organisations have with immediate effect been eliminated in the membership areas’ and replaced with the Lusitanium Operative League, LOL.
- A Lusitanium Foreign Affairs Office has been established, with embassies world-wide, replacing all national embassies with immediate effect.
- The LCJ will prosecute and sentence anyone who in future refer to an asset as a nationally owned entity. It is a prerogative to use terminology such as our fields, our seas, our policy, our rights, our forests. This is necessary in order to emphasise all member-states’ right to fishing and agriculture wherever they find it useful for their purposes.
- Lusitanium territory will expand to include Turkey, Afghanistan, Syria and the North African countries - in the first place. To this end immigration will be open and free with the purpose of sharing riches, ultimately on a world basis with a world government. This will be funded by the existing declining European populations, who have long enough enjoyed a privileged life paid through colonisation and use of the world’s resources.
- All religions will be accepted. However, Christianity and Judaism will be forced to give in to declared peaceful religions such as Islam.
- Criticism of Lusitanium’s laws and regulations as well as of Islam in particular will be declared Fascist and Racists and receive the new nation’s hardest punishments.
- Social media will be cleaned of criticism, fascist and anti islamic comments and Facebook’s CEO will be named CEO of a new subsection of the CLPF ensuring compliance.
- Lusitanium’s energy supply will become 100% windmill and solar driven. It is prohibited to discuss the possibility, that Climate Change is anything but man-made.
- A new free trade agreement with the world will help Lusitanium become a rich, democratic, free power, where any company will have power over the previous national states’ law systems for optimum free trade and happiness for all.
Many of your country folks have done so earlier in the morning via their on-line Android TV connection and you can see, that the vote is 50-50 for accept or decline.
This surprises you, but a cynical consideration tells you that Turkeys would vote for Christmas anyway. However, you still have a brain, so what do you do?
Will you vote IN or OUT?
What would your children vote if they could?